March 28, 2005

SLA CHE/STS/PAM 2005 Toronto Conference Poster Session

Information here on the posters. The theme is "Better Understanding your Users" which is something we all strive to do better. It's interesting, but I just came back from checking out our 4th year engineering students' Design Fair where they present the result of their capstone project. I did an informal poll to see which teams used the library to help research the project. A little less than half the teams did and I'm not sure if that's good news or not. Probably good, especially since the ones that did said that they info they found was useful. Next year, I'm going to try and see if I can work with the course director to make the students more aware of what we have. Since this is the very first graduating year for the York engineering program, building the collections and services for the program is a work in progress.

No comments: