As usual, some interesting stuff from a special issue on PC Software: Spreadsheets for Everyone, Jul-Sept 2007:
- Number Crunching without Programming: The Evolution of Spreadsheet Usability by Campbell-Kelly, M.
- The Creation and the Demise of VisiCalc by Grad, B.
- Recollections on Lotus 1-2-3: Benchmark for Spreadsheet Software by Kapor, M. (yes, that Mitch Kapor)
- Recollections: Developing Lotus 1-2-3 by Sachs, J. (and co-founder Jonathan Sachs too)
I forgot to post earlier on the Jan-March 2007 issue which has a great article by my York CS colleague Zbigniew Stachniak (who just dropped into my office a few minutes ago, jogging my memory about the article):
- The Dark Side of Computing: SRI International and the Study of Computer Crime by Parker, D.B.
- Intel SIM8-01: A Proto-PC by Stachniak, Z.
- Early Computing at the University of Alberta and the Introduction of the LGP-30 by Smillie, K.