Thanks to Kris Fitzpatrick of the IEEE for pointing me to this rather extensive list of business books from 2008.
The catagories include General, Strategy, Life Stories, Marketing, Rhetoric, Innovation, Globalization, Human Capital, Capitalism and Community, Management and Miscellany.
In particular, there are a number of very interesting-looking books on community building. The relevant ones from all the lists are here:
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff
- Sony vs. Samsung: The Inside Story of the Electronics Giants’ Battle for Global Supremacy by Sea-Jin Chang
- Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk by James Bessen and Michael J. Meurer
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns by Clayton M. Christensen
- The Power of Unreasonable People: How Social Entrepreneurs Create Markets That Change the World by John Elkington and Pamela Hartigan
- The Dismal Science: How Thinking Like an Economist Undermines Community by Stephen A. Marglin
- Community: The Structure of Belonging by Peter Block