Recent journal articles of interest:
- NASA's Exploration Agenda and Capability Engineering by Cooke, D.E.; Barry, M.; Lowry, M.; Green, C. Computer, v39i1, January 2006.
- Good Ideas, through the Looking Glass by Wirth, N. Computer, v39i1, January 2006. Yes, it is by Niklaus Wirth.
- The Unspoken Revolution in Software Engineering by Meyer, B. Computer, v39i1, January 2006.
- Ethical Values of IT Professionals: Evidence From Hong Kong by Davison, R.M.; Martinsons, M.G.; Lo, H.W.H.; Kam, C.S.P. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, v53i1
- Books Engineers Should Read by Colwell, B. Computer, v38i11. November 2005. Great suggestions for books on general engineering topics.
- Creating the ultimate research assistant by Hoskinson, A. Computer, v38i11. November 2005. Seriously misguided article by someone who apparently has never used a bibliographic database, been inside a technical library or even spent any time with the IEEE's own "research assistant" products. Basically a transparent attempt to market his own product. Sheesh.