A bunch of vaguely science-related fun items from around the blogosphere:
- 100 reasons why kirk is better than Picard via SF
- The science of Gilligan's Island. Ok, not really about Gilligan's Island directly but how can you resist a title like that. It's actually a review of Curious Minds: How a Child Becomes a Scientist by John Brockman.
- Corn whiskey still demonstration on Saturday in LA.
- Difference Engine mechanical computer made from legos.
- National Inventors Hall of Fame 2006 inductees.