The web is a very weird place:
- Homo aspergerus: Evolution Stumbles Forward by Gary Westfahl. This a strangely fascinating essay where the author basically self-diagnoses himself with Asperger's Syndrome and then goes on to conjecture that sufferers of Asperger's are a higher form of human being. Those familiar with scifi fandom will recognize the self-agrandizement as par t of a long history of "fans are slans" rallying cries. Not very convincing.
- Hat of p**p (and what a fetching hat of p**p it is). Usually I try to keep these Friday Fun posts a least a little relevant to our core mission here, but this struck me as so bizarre I had to include it. BTW, the "**" aren't due to coyness, but due to not wanting to attract weird search engine queries.
- Fresh children arrive from space to replace roboticized Earthlings
- News: Cocoa Linked to Lower Risk of Disease
- A Quick Survey of the Blog Manifestos
- 2006 James Beard nominees
- Free Hugo Award Nominated Novels for those eligable to vote
- Best SciFi concept albums via SF Signal