Some Saturday fun:
- KKRRRRrrrrrramnik Wins! Finally, the craziness is all over and we have an undisputed world chess champion, Vladimir Kramnik of, you guessed it, Russia. I have to admit, all the disgusting shenanigans of the Topalov team turned me from someone who was mostly rooting for the Bulgarian but still appreciative of Kramnik's play into someone who was definately rooting for Kramnik and disgusted with Topalov and his "handlers." In any case, the play on the board was tense and exciting, lots of good chess for us addicts. If you're interested in the story, here's a link to all the ChessBase stories and to the excellent coverage on Wikipedia.
- Amateurs versus the pros jalapeno eating contest
- Black Sabbath News: Heaven & Hell Rising in 2007? Now this would be great news!
- Search and Research: A comic strip about a Research Library by Eli Moody and his friends.
- Biology in Science Fiction blog. via SF Signal.