June 20, 2007

Father's Day post

I usually don't post really personal stuff here, mostly out of a feeling that this is a professional rather than a personal blog, but I'd like to make a bit of an exception. I received a very touching Father's Day card from my younger son (just finishing grade 6) this past weekend, and I'd like share what he wrote with everyone.

Dear Dad,

You are cool in so many ways. The first thing I remember about you, or just being with you, is kind of strange. I was in a baby seat in our car, and we were dropping off [older brother] at [his primary school] Willingdon. Right after, we walked over to my daycare. This happened every day, but it was still fun because I got to ride on your shoulders!

I still can't believe that you got a whole year off with full pay! It's so cool that you're always home, and you can pick me up early, and we don't have to leave at 7:25 am [for school in the mornings]!

You made me so proud to be your son when you got your job at York and I was really happy for you even though we had to move.

Finally, I feel I'm a lot like you. Mostly in tastes though. We both like action and horror movies and we both like spicy food. Most of all, we both like cooking.

It's makes a father proud!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Awwww, that is awesome! Happy belated fathers day to you.

John Dupuis said...

Thanks, Jane. I'm enjoying the pre-teen years with the boys a lot. This year with my sabbatical, as the little guy says, has been great for father-son time.