Well, it's that time again. I'll see you all back here around the second or third week in August.
One thing that will be a bit different about the blogging break this year is that I've scheduled some Friday Fun posts for while I'm away. It's just recently that Blogger has allowed us to write posts and schedule them for later publication, something most other platforms have had for a while.
Blogging breaks are for reading books, of course. So, here's some of the books I'm planning to read over the next little while. It's a nice mix of novels (mostly horror this year, for some reason) and popular science. The popular science, at least, I'll end up reviewing here. Those reviews will probably be the first few posts when I return.
- The Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy
- Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry
- The Ruins by Scott Smith
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- Pursuit of Genius: Flexner, Einstein, and the Early Faculty at the Institute for Advanced Study by Steve Batterson
- The Wraparound Universe by Jean-Pierre Luminet
- Archimedes to Hawking: Laws of Science and the Great Minds Behind Them by Clifford Pickover
Have a happy, safe and relaxing summer.