July 6, 2007

Summer blogging break

It's that time again. I'll see you all back here sometime around the first week of August. Have a fun, safe and restful summer.

I expect that I will be checking my email and the blog comment moderation queue about once per week.

I've fallen behind a bit on my book reviewing, with two finished books to write up while I'm off: The Trouble with Physics by Lee Smolin and the just finished Trials Of The Monkey: An Accidental Memoir by Matthew Chapman. I haven't bothered with a poll to help choose my summer reading this year, but I thought I would share the titles I've chosen to get me started:


  • The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril by Paul Malmont
  • Days Of Infamy by Harry Turtledove
  • Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
  • Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy
  • The Map that Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology by Simon Winchester
  • Ambient Findability by Peter Morville
  • Dreaming in Code: Two Dozen Programmers, Three Years, 4,732 Bugs, and One Quest for Transcendent Software by Scott Rosenberg

You'll note that there are some science-y books among the bunch, a bit of a break with tradition for me. We'll see how that goes. In any case, I do expect to report on my summer reading, both here for the science books and the other blog for the novels. The reviews should make up the first bunch of posts when I get back.

No comments: