October 18, 2007

On the move -- ASEE St. Lawrence Conference and IEEE Library Advisory Council

  • I'll be at the ASEE St. Lawrence Section Annual Conference tomorrow and Saturday. As is my practice, I plan to blog the conference once it's done, probably next week or the week after. If you're there too, please feel free to stop me and say Hi.

  • The reason I may not get to blogging the ASEE conference for a week or so is that next week (Oct 24-26) I'll be in NYC for the IEEE Library Advisory Council annual meeting. If you have any feedback you'd like me to pass along, feel free to email me. Don't worry, I plan to bring up the PRISM thing and hopefully clarify the IEEE's involvement, which I believe is minimal.

    Any of you NYC readers out there, I may have some time Wednesday afternoon for a coffee or a beer. Let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca and maybe we can meet up at The Strand or something. (Hey, with the exchange rate where it is I'm major league stocking up on books!) I'm not sure how much I'll blog about the meeting, but I will be posting the presentation I'll be doing with Mike Buschman of the IEEE.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I don't know how to best do this, but at the IEEE meeting you might bring up the bit from the physics blogosphere about increasing revenue streams and all.

Also, if you can get them to tell you that they'll stop doing downtime mid day on week days that would be fabulous.

John Dupuis said...

Er, I'm not following the physics blogosphere as closely as I used to...

What is it about revenue streams that you'd like me to bring up?