I'm delighted to say that I've been invited to give a workshop in Montreal this coming February 15th based on my OLA presentation from 2007, "Blogging for Professional Development."
Here's the whole announcement:
McGill's School of Information Studies (SIS), CLA Montreal Chapter, CLA Emerging Technologies Interest Group (ETIG) and the McGill SLA Student Group present:
Web 2.you: A Workshop for Information Professionals
Friday, February 15, 2008
Starting at 9am in Room MS42 at McGill's SIS, 3459 McTavish Street
Map / Schedule / Register
In the spirit of the Web 2.0 movement we aim to bring together a cross-section of participants in a day-long skill share. Those just being introduced to these new technologies would benefit from the experience of presenters and co-participants. Others with more advanced skills will have the opportunity to lead discussions as part of our "unconference" lunch. For all participants this will be an excellent opportunity to reconnect and learn what is being done with emerging web technologies locally, internationally, and in virtual environments.
We are delighted to announce that presenters include Jessamyn West who will present "Web2.0, Library 2.0, and Librarian 2.0" and John Dupuis who will present "Blogging for Professional Development"- view their bios . Rajiv Johal & Beth Dunning will also present “Is Boolean Dead? Researching and the New Web” and Amy Buckland & Janis Dawson will present “A Second Life for your Library”.
In particular, I'd like to draw your attention to the schedule:
- Welcome by Jocelyne Andrews, CLA Montreal Chapter President, Dr. Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library, Jewish General Hospital and Prof. France Bouthillier, Associate Professor and Director, McGill School of Information Studies (SIS)
- Is Boolean Dead? Researching and the New Web: Implications for Practice by Rajiv Johal & Beth Dunning, Librarians, Howard Ross Library of Management, McGill University
- Blogging for Professional Development by John Dupuis, Head, Steacie Science & Engineering Library, York University (i.e. me)
- Lunch and Roundtable Discussions
- A Second Life for Libraries by Amy Buckland & Janis Dawson, MLIS '08, McGill SIS
- Web 2.0, Library 2.0, Librarian 2.0 by Jessamyn West (yes, that Jessamyn West)
- Closing Remarks by Jambina Oh and Nuna Nishi
In particular I'd like to thank the Montreal CLA chapter and Jocelyne Andrews to inviting me to what looks like a fabulous event. If any of my readers out there are in the Montreal area, I hope you can come to the event and help make it a great success.