December 12, 2007

I've been memed!

I'm not much of a memer, but this one looks fun.

The rules are:


  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
  3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
  4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


So, who tagged me? It was Sandra Porter of Discovering Biology in a Digital World.

My seven random or weird things about myself:

  1. I collect bookmarks. I particularly like to get ones from different independent bookstores from cities while I'm traveling or from museums or other cultural centers. I'll tend not to buy cutesy Disney-type bookmarks, though.

  2. For some reason I seem to have an unusual number of CDs by the bassists of famous bands: John Entwistle, Geezer Butler, John Paul Jones. Oddly, not Roger Waters or Bill Wyman, though. Extra points if you can name the five bands without googling.

  3. I was a huge Harlan Ellison fan as a teenager. Not so much anymore. Same with Frank Herbert and Robert E. Howard.

  4. On the music side, some teen obsessions that aren't so hot any more inlcude Styx and Journey.

  5. I used to really hate Rush but now I kinda even like them. Genesis has also grown on me as I've gotten older. On the other hand, Yes, King Crimson, ELP and Supertramp are still a mystery to me.

  6. I actually have a little book at home where I write down the title of every book I read as I finish them. I've been keeping track since 1982. The most books I've ever read in a single year is about 90. These days I average 40-50.

  7. I took my first web development course in 1996, an HTML course at the McGill Cont Ed centre. I took three or four courses there over the next few years on advanced HTML and Frontpage.


And now, I have to tag seven more random people, and leave a comment at their blog. As usual, I'm concentrating on Canucks and scitech library bloggers. To those I'm tagging, please don't feel you need to do the meme. I will completely understand if you decide not to. Also, my apologies if you've already done the meme but I missed it

  1. FRBR Blog
  2. Science Library Pad
  3. Carolyne's Pages of Interest
  4. STLQ
  5. Connie Crosby
  6. Eloquation (Squandrous, actually. Thanks, Sameer!)
  7. Easternblot.net

3 comments:

Sameer Vasta said...

Thanks for the tag John! Instead of blogging this meme on Eloquation, however, I've put my seven things up on Squandrous, where I feel it fits better.

zydeco fish said...

I feel the same way about Rush & Genesis, up to Duke, that is. As for King Crimson, I hated most of their music prior to 1980, but from Discipline on, they are awesome. Check out Discipline.

John Dupuis said...

Thanks, ZF. I was actually thinking of the Peter Gabriel years. The Phil Collins years aren't really the same band to me. And maybe I will try out some later King Crimson.