November 27, 2007

Best science books 2007: Quill & Quire

The Canadian book industry trade magazine Quill & Quire has published their 2007 Books of the Year issue. As I've been doing with other sources, I thought I'd point out some of the science related titles in their list. So...


  • The Chickens Fight Back: Pandemic Panics and Deadly Diseases That Jump from Animals to Humans by David Waltner-Toews
  • The End of Ignorance: Multiplying Our Human Potential by John Mighton (math education)
  • Man Who Forgot How to Read: A Memoir by Howard Engel (memoir of stroke survivor)
  • Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams


An interesting if somewhat short list, with only one (the Waltner-Toews) that I would really call a science book. It's too bad that the Q&Q fares as badly as the NYT in picking good science books. I certainly wish that they would pay more attention to science books just like I wish that Canadian publishers would actually publish more science books. But that's a different rant.

No comments: